Report Archive

Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Thought of It Poem

By Ericka Spence
May 20th, 2018 - Greenville New York
Arts and Culture


The Thought of It


The thought of it makes me
fill up with confidence.
as if I were a sparrow
flying wherever I please
soaring through the door
of my childhood,
landing in lofty trees.


At fifteen,
a freshman in high school,
I dreamt of graduation
holding the keys to my car,
parking in the student parking lot.


When I rode the bus in the afternoon
after a long day of school,
I would close my eyes and imagine the future,
thinking of foreign destinations
letting my hair go wild,
itching to fly
feeling the breeze of the world beneath me,
leaving the nest my mother built for me,
or walking through the door of my childhood
into the universe.
Today the world is mine.


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to stay on top of schoolwork in distance learning

How to stay on top of schoolwork in distance learning By Bella Zarcone June 4th, 2020 - Greenville New York   Opinion Eve...